Pre and Post Training Support
Our holistic 360 degree approach of pre-training diagnosis, classroom training and post-training engagement tools help in sustained learning leading to effective human capital development.
The Pre – Training period is the most critical factor for the success of any training intervention.
One of the most important pre-requisite to bake a good cake is to pre-heat the oven. Similarly for an effective intervention to develop the capacity of a human capital it is important to understand the current skill levels, processes and the reality. The same can be achieved through different Pre Training interventions such as:
- In depth interview with the process owners.
- Invitations, Teasers and SMS reminders to create an excitement to attend the programme.
- A set of structured pre training assessments. (Questionnaires, Case Studies, Role based Simulations etc.)
Wagons Learning team hand in hand works with their customers to reach to the root and identify exact challenges faced by the participants. The pain area identification helps in customization of the training intervention and make it real, practical and applicable at workplace.
Few illustrations of Pre Training work is listed below:
- Training Need Identification (TNI)
- Designing the Training Programme
- Pre Training Participant Assignments
Training Need Identification (TNI)
The Wagons Learning team conducts a gap analysis and maps the competency levels of the target audience.
On the job observation through field visits:
Our team makes few customer calls with participants and spend time with them during working hours.
For Example : In Selling Skill interventions mandatorily our team will accompany the participants on some of their sales calls.
Survey Questionnaires or Assessment test or Case study
Our team of knowledge experts design the survey questionnaires for different knowledge/technical intervention to exactly understand the knowledge/skill gap.
For example : In Advanced Excel Programs our team mandatorily conduct assessment to understand the current knowledge level of participants.
Our team visit few customer outlets and spend time in the working environment and give a detailed mystery shopping report.
For Example : In Customer Service interventions mandatorily our team will do mystery shopping by being a potential customers and measure the service level at the outlets.
Stakeholders and immediate supervisor meetings:
Our delivery team meets with all the stakeholders to understand their expectations and incorporate the same to achieve best results.
Designing the Training Programme
Post receipt of TNI details by the customers Wagons Learning team prepares the highly customized program outline with multiple level inputs and discussions with stakeholders like L&D team, Business owners etc and submits the same for review. This process clearly sets the objectives to be achieved through the training programme and applicability of learning at workplace is guaranteed.
Pre Training Participant Assignments
Few training interventions will require pre-workshop participant assignments like:
- Case Studies
- Simulation Exercises
- Mock Email exercises
- SMS Campaigns
- Team projects
These assignments given before the training programme and are discussed during the workshop. This ensures participant involvement from a very early stage.
Post Training Support
In order to align the learning outcome with the business objective we are specialised in incorporating a series of Post Training interventions which will ensure a better learning retention and applicability of the learning outcome.
Wagons Learning has firm belief that retention of learning is key to the success of the training intervention and we don’t like to be away from this responsibility. Wagons Learning takes complete accountability of assessing and monitoring progress, engaging participants through reminders as well as planning series of interventions to make the learning map complete.
The post training engagement plan is designed depending upon the participant profile, objectives set and the organizational requirement.
Some of our Post Training Engagement mechanisms:
- Evaluation Mechanism
- Reminder Mechanism
- Follow Up Mechanism
- A set of structured post training assessments, case studies and role based simulations (For KP2 Level Intervention)
- Monitoring of learning effectiveness- Survey sheet to be filled up by the supervisors based on their observation post 1-3 months of the classroom intervention ( For KP3 Level Intervention).
- Anchoring the desired change- Simulation/Case study based instructor led or self learning on a regular interval over a period of 6 months ( For KP3 Level Intervention).
- Wagons Learning SMS (2/3 Minutes read)
- Wagons Learning E mailers (relevant to the program attended)
- Relevent Inspirational Story Boards
- E- Books on the topics covered
- Industry Aricles related to the topics covered
Follow Up Mechanism
- Refresher: Help the customers with content on few key programs which can be converted in to small E-learning capsules (by the organizations for internal refresher training )
- Certification: Help to run the programs as certification courses thereby building aspirational value for Learning.