The topic on “Women Empowerment” is a burning issue all over the world. “Women empowerment” and “women equality with men” is a universal issue. Women Empowerment refers to the creation of an environment for women where they can make decisions of their own for their personal benefits as well as for the society.
Location & Date : Wakad Slum Area, Pune; 22nd June 2017
Guest of Honour : This program was conducted by Prof. Pandurang Kotule
No. of Participants : Around 30 participants were part of this session
Scope of the Activity
To increase and improve the social, economic, political and legal strength of the women, to ensure equal-right to women, and to make them confident enough to claim their rights, such as:
- freely live their life with a sense of self-worth, respect and dignity,
- to make their own choices and decisions,
- have equal rights to participate in social, religious and public activities,
- have equal social status in the society,
- have equal rights for social and economic justice,
- determine financial and economic choices,
- get equal opportunity for education,
- get equal employment opportunity without any gender bias
Discussed few points regarding importance of Women Empowerment such as;
- Women population constitutes around 50% of the world population. Many women around the world are unemployed. The world economy suffers a lot because of the unequal opportunity for women at workplaces.
- Women are equally competent. Nowadays, women are even ahead of men in many socio-economic activities.
- The main advantage of Women Empowerment is that there will be an overall development of the society. The money that women earn does not only help them and or their family, but it also helps develop the society.